PT window opening off screen

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

PT window opening off screen

Postby bothorsen » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:23 am

When I have had a second monitor attached to my laptop, sometimes PT screws up the starting position. This is because it tries to open in the area of the combined screen where the other monitor was.

The only way to fix this is to try some moving around with the monitor attached and hope to find a place where it isn't off-screen next time I start it, or to run PT maximized by right clicking the task bar entry, or to edit the registry settings.

It's a common bug among software that tries to open in the same position every time. And usually it's silly, because almost no-one will want it in the same position next time they open it. Remove the code for it and let Windows handle the placement.

JFYI, skype has the same bug :-)

Bo Thorsen.
bothorsen

Re: PT window opening off screen

Postby kraada » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:04 am

I'll make sure the development team is aware of the issue for you - for what it's worth, the location to open PT3 is stored in the PokerTracker.cfg file (in C:\Program Files\PokerTracker 3\Data\Config) in the "MainPos" value in the [WindowInfo] section. If you're having trouble and your monitor is not around and you set that to 1,1 and save the config file, PT3 should reappear at the top right of your screen the next time you restart.
kraada

Postby sc24evr » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:45 am

ya I'm having that same issue, running on a mac btw. So far I can't find that config either :(
sc24evr

Postby kraada » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:07 pm

On a Mac the PokerTracker.cfg file is located in ~/Library/Application Support/PokerTracker/
kraada

Postby zubs1aa » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:36 am

kraada wrote:I'll make sure the development team is aware of the issue for you - for what it's worth, the location to open PT3 is stored in the PokerTracker.cfg file (in C:\Program Files\PokerTracker 3\Data\Config) in the "MainPos" value in the [WindowInfo] section. If you're having trouble and your monitor is not around and you set that to 1,1 and save the config file, PT3 should reappear at the top right of your screen the next time you restart.

Well, this is a silly workaround.

Why not just have some button you can click when your window is lost offscreen and can't be found that will bring the window being popped up to the center of th current window?

Make it an option you can change while you are running. There are lots of reasons you could end up in this situation and not want to/ shouldn't have to stop PT and reboot.
zubs1aa

Postby kraada » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:00 am

In the last 2.5 years, I think this has come up maybe half a dozen times . . . it's really not very common, and I'm not sure why there has been several people with this problem recently.
kraada

Postby zubs1aa » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:41 pm

kraada wrote:In the last 2.5 years, I think this has come up maybe half a dozen times . . . it's really not very common, and I'm not sure why there has been several people with this problem recently.

probably more people adding multiple monitor setups etc + finally getting around to mentioning it.

It's bugged me for months but didn't make the cut for reporting it at the time. Once I saw I wasn't the only one I added a +1.
zubs1aa

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]